Friday, March 9, 2012

A Food Review on Taco Nazo

First food review! I have no idea how to be a food critic so whatever.

Taco Nazo
TYPE OF FOOD: Fish Tacos! (Baja-Style)
WHERE: Taco Nazo (9516 S. Garvey Ave., South El Monte CA, 91733)

Ok, so I went there last week. My friend took me there, and he never eats fish, so I knew this must be good. We got there and it was a bit crowded, but it was a Friday afternoon/evening (pre-evening) and there is bound to be people anywhere. The service was great, friendly people all around. I made my order (in Spanish of course) of Combo #1, which is 2 fish tacos ("con todo"), chips, salsa, and a soda. I went mostly for the fish tacos, but they also have shrimp tacos (which I want to try!) and cocktails and so on. For a full menu you can visit their website http://www.taconazo.com/menu
So I order my food, get my drink and go sit down. Must have waited around 4-6 minutes, not bad. I get my food and first thing I go for it the chips with some salsa. Chip is just generic chip, salsa is, well it wasn't good. It was to watery and too much salt. So I put the chips and salsa aside and I put the finishing touches on my tacos: lemon and tapatio sauce. I take the first bite, and it's actually better than I expected. The fish was good, but the best part of the tacos is their signature cream. I devoured the first taco, and proceeded to the second one.
--I don't know how you rate food, some people go by first bite, I actually go for last bite. Here is why: If the last bite is not good, then you end your eating experience on a bad note. Maybe the first bite isn't that good, but if you stop eating there you are missing out on the rest of the meal! (plus you paid for it anyways) So I reserve my judgment for my last bite.--
So last bite on the tacos, and I must say it was really good. It actually reminded me of some random taco place in Ensenada, where I had tacos like 6 years ago. I wish I would had tried some shrimp tacos, but I was full. If you are looking for good, Baja style seafood, I would recommend you go to Taco Nazo. It's the real deal people! Unless you want to go to Ensenada one weekend, which I'm totally down to go. Anyways, good tacos.
FOOD SCORE:
  • ☺☺☺☺
  • E.E. (O.W.L.) 
P.S. If I ever do another food review, it will go something like this, except (hopefully) more to the point. Remember I'm no expert!
P.S.#2 I watched The Descendents and Drive, but I haven't typed the reviews on those. I hit writers block or something, I'm not used to writing every week (for a blog and for school) so I was a little burned out. I want to get those out before the end of the month.
BTW: Thank you! Yes you! Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment